1. Log-roll patient and apply deflated Mattress. Ensure that the patient is in the centre of the mattress and feet are at the Foot End.
2. Insert deflated Airpod™ under patient and roll back.
3. Log Roll patient on other side.
4. Unfold mattress and roll patient on to back with mattress fully inserted underneath.
5. Click patient safety straps together, allowing sufficient length for the Airpod™ to inflate.
1. Plug the Air Blower into the power outlet and insert the Air Hose into ONE of the air inlet pockets found at the foot end of the mattress.
2. Connect the snap-on button (popper).
3. Secure the Velcro Flap to the Inlet Pocket.
1. Engage all brakes.
2. Prior to any manoeuvre, confirm that there is no obstruction in the path of the mattress for the manoeuvre / transfer.
3. Inflate Mattress by turning on Air Blower
4. Ensure that all patient support systems are free to travel with the patient, and the care staff are in position and trained in the procedure.
5. Once fully inflated, the Care Staff can grasp the handles of the mattress and gently transfer the patient between the surfaces or reposition on the current surface.
1. For the transfer, make sure the transfer surfaces are as close as possible.
2. Adjust surface heights to be level.
3. A transfer board (bridge) should be used but the Air Mattress will function without the bridge provided the gap is not too large and a full risk assessment has been carried out.
Airpod is manufactured by Rexyn Ltd and distributed exclusively by Hospital Direct (Marketing) Ltd in UK & Ireland.